Military coup leads to breakout of protests in Myanmar

An Australian consultant to Myanmar’s as of late dismissed non military personnel pioneer Aung San Suu Kyi was confined on Saturday as supportive of majority rules system fights broke out in the country’s biggest city on Saturday.

A large number of individuals rampaged of Yangon in the principal major coordinated show since the military held onto power in an overthrow recently.

The group, a significant number of whom could be seen deferring banners and holding standards, required the military to deliver Suu Kyi, and other fairly chose officials, who were confined in pre-first light strikes Monday.

Serenades of “We request vote based system” could be heard coming from the group as they walked near midtown Yangon, inciting the public authority to force a web power outage.

Initially, hundreds of officers, some in riot gear, tried to block the path of the rally, forcing the crowd to change direction.
Passers-by could be seen offering the three-finger salute of resistance to army rule during the earlier large-scale march, in clear unity with those demonstrating.

In what one witness described as a way of defusing tension, some were seen applauding and giving out water to both demonstrators and police.

The crowd was identified by witnesses as growing in size, before emerging after several hours to disperse. But a number of smaller, dispersed demonstrations, including one at Yangon University, where several hundred mostly young people gathered and held chanting, remained ongoing.

Initially, opposition to the coup was limited, due in part to widespread communication issues, as well as fears of a further crackdown.
NetBlocks Internet monitoring service said Saturday that as the military attempted to consolidate its hold on power, the country was in the midst of a second ‘national-scale’ internet blackout as the military attempted to secure its grip on power.

Real-time network data showed that availability had dropped to 16 percent of usual levels, according to NetBlocks, and users had reported trouble getting online.

According to the Norwegian telecommunications company Telenor Group, which operates Telenor Myanmar, the Myanmar Ministry of Transport and Communications (MoTC) ordered the national shutdown of the data network on Saturday.

Writing on Twitter, the group said the ministry cited “Myanmar’s Telecommunication Law, and references circulation of fake news, stability of the nation and interest of the public as basis for the order.”

Although voice calls and SMS remain operational, Telenor Group said it was deeply concerned about the shutdown of the internet, but said Telenor Myanmar is a local business and is therefore “bound by local law and needs to handle this irregular and difficult situation.”

Telenor said, “We deeply regret the impact the shutdown has on the people in Myanmar,”
Witnesses told CNN that Saturday’s internet connectivity was sporadic, while some individuals were still able to stream video from the Yangon march on social media platforms.

The decline in accessibility follows attempts to restrict links to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter social networking sites, as well as a range of influential local news outlets.

Categories: Society